Calder -
He is now almost ten months. He is such a different child then Gemma. Both are definitely rambunctious. But he is a lot more moodier than she ever was. Granted, she is quite a whiner now, but as a baby she was pretty laid back. We lovingly call Calder "Bipolar Buddy" because he has such strong mood swings. One moment he is totally happy having a blast playing by himself. The next he is on the floor whining and crying for no apparent reason. He keeps us on our toes.
He took his first steps at 9 months and 3 days (you can check my YouTube channel for the video). That quickly progressed into a full out dashing around the house. I would estimate that as of today he is a 95% walker. He also has become quite the climber. Anything and everything. He climbs up the small slide we have and then dives down head first. He has learned to move boxes, chairs, anything up to the couch or table to try and climb them. He loves to help clean up and will crawl all over the house to bring me blocks or farm animals.
He eats whatever we eat, mostly. He loves meatloaf and lasagna. But he still refuses to hold his own bottle.
He has said a few things - dada, baba, mama, ditdo (thank you), and more. I've tried teaching him a few signs. He will sort of do the one for more, but mostly he just claps when you say more, or he'll say it back. He also said I want my mama when my sister in law was babysitting him :)
Oh - he weighs over 22lbs and is about 29in.
Gemma -
She is almost 2.5. She just completed her first Parent/Tot tumbling class. She can somersault, donkey kick, bear walk, crab walk, etc. She liked the parachute the best. And the freeze dance. We'll be signing her up for another one in June, then Dance and Preschool for July-August.
It amazes me to hear her talk. She is finally using pronouns correctly - instead of always speaking in 3rd person. The other day while playing with her Barbie, she said, "Move out of my way, Barbie. I'm swimming with you!" (they were swimming in her crate of shoes). She also mimics everything we say, so that has been entertaining. Lincoln really has to watch what he says. She'll tell me that she has to go take a dump. And I know she didn't learn that from me. She'll tell me I am taking my sweet time when I am not as quick as she would like. She loves to sing. This morning she was singing Rihanna's What's My Name, but was singing to her banana - "Banana, what's my name?" over and over.
She is a little rough with Calder and will push him for what appears to be no reason. But she tends to have imaginary parties and picnics with bowls/buckets/hats of stuff scattered around as food. And he tends to knock them over.
She is 99.9% potty trained. She will have the occasional accident. Mostly early morning if she doesn't get out of bed fast enough. I can't even imagine changing a diaper on her.
We've been having some behavior issues so I've implemented a sticker chart. If she earns so many stickers, she can pick a prize or treat out of the box (dum-dums and little toys). She's been doing really well. And she gets it.
Lincoln -
Lincoln has been working like a dog like always. He did have some time off this spring for a pulled neck muscle, and then again for stepping on a coal while BBQing. He has been reading the Walking Dead comics. We just finished (finally) the last season of Soprano's. He still enjoys the occasional Xbox-ing but not as often. Mostly he likes to kik with his brothers and my brothers and his co-workers.
He's been taking Miss Myla J for runs in the evenings. It annoys me that he can just go for a 3 mile run, no big thang, while I struggle to get up to 2 miles. At 2x his pace.
Speaking of Myla...
The Pups -
Our poor Pico de Gallo got real sick at the end of March. He has been diabetic for awhile and it was mostly under control. But then it wasn't. He wouldn't eat so we couldn't give him his insulin. After a couple days, we took him to the vet. His pancreas was failing. And he had ketoacidosis. After a few days of IV and meds, he wasn't getting better. And the costs were huge. Plus, the vet gave him a less than 50% chance of recovering. We decided to bring him home to be with us. My mom came down and took the kids to Globe. Pico wouldn't eat but was so thirsty. I'll spare you all the horrible details, but it became too much for him. And us. We took him to the 24 hour emergency hospital and had them put him down. I don't know if I have ever cried so much. That whole week. Pico was our baby before our children. When having kids took longer than we expected, we got our sweet lil porkchop and he helped us out so much.
We took him to Globe and buried him under a tree in the hills by our parents' houses. A tree you can see from the road. It was a physically grueling day, but worth it for our good boy.
Miss Myla Jenkins kept looking around for him. Waiting for him to come home. And Gemma didn't understand. Now she will randomly tell us Pico is happy and in "heaben" but she misses him.
Myla sleeps in our bed now. And hates to be outside for long by herself. Sometimes I'll catch her just looking so sad and lonely, it breaks my heart.
Me -
I'm still at home with the kids. Still in my Meetup Group for Mommies. We have fun. I'm almost addicted to Pinterest. For both recipes of junk food and workouts. I did 60 days of P90x then slipped during that freak hailstorm and was out for a few weeks. Love the workouts but hard to pick back up. Started jogging and was working towards the 4.2 miles for the Pat's run but I have so many issues with my legs (clinically diagnosed "old lady feet") that I was only able to do about 2. I wish I enjoyed running. Such a good workout and doesn't require a whole lot. Currently I am at the end of week 2 of Insanity. If only I could get my eating back on track. Dang Pinterest! Next I want Turbo Fire and Brazil Butt Lift (don't laugh). But I won't pay full price for those things. Eye on Ebay/Craigslist. I'm still working on recovering my figure (hah!) from having kids, it is tough business. But I'll get there. And then I'll re-vamp the wardrobe. I'm inspired - again Pinterest. And now Instagram! Too much!
Speaking of Craigslist - I finally got a "new" kitchen table and computer desk. I re-did the office, took out the old couch and hung some finger paintings Gemma did. Spray painted and stenciled my file cabinet to match. It looks a million times better.
Back to reading a lot. Probably 10 books in just April alone. I'm thinking of selling off books I probably won't re-read ($1-3 a book if anyone is interested) since I just use the library. Mostly chick lit and the like. Oh, and DVD's too. Just saying.
Linc and I are currently doing a "no spend month". Besides mandatory expenses (like food, utilities, bills, etc) we are not buying anything else. We did already have some previously made arrangements for a date night and a Mom Night out so we capped the extra's at $100. I think we have $30 left! But it means no dining out, no extra trips requiring more fuel, only free playdates, no renting movies, all that. I had wanted to cap our groceries too, but we're still playing that by ear. It has been interesting.
I think we are caught up. Any questions? Anyone want books or movies? :)
4 comments:
Yeah. Name 'em. "I'll give it a whirl"
Name what?
The books and movies. To see if i want to buy them.
The chronic-what-cals of Rid-shlong
Post a Comment