Monday, May 14, 2012
Mother's Day
This Mother's Day weekend was a little odd for us this year. Lincoln had to work Saturday (all those 1-800-Flowers orders) so it threw us all off. I kept thinking it was Friday and Sunday we both didn't feel like the weekend was almost over.
Friday night Lincoln gave me the first of my gifts. He handed me the Amazon.com box and was all like, you can open it, if you want. He was real bashful and kept making excuses like he wasn't real sure what to get me, what he really wanted was sold out, etc. And true, the gift could be considered a little unconventional for Mother's day. But the more I thought about it, the more I appreciated it. He got me 2 True Blood graphic novels. 1 - I really enjoy reading, 2 - I really like True Blood, and 3 - we both like graphic novels. So the gift was quite thoughtful.
Then Saturday, he came by the house while out delivering with a huge bouquet of my favorite flowers. When he got home from work we went out to dinner. When we were younger we used to go to Chili's all the time. We lived right by one. We haven't been in forever. So we gave it a whirl. It was really good. Crowed, obviously, but good. When we got home, we found Kimball passed out on our floor. Literally, sleeping on the floor in our living room. We tried to stay up and visit/watch movies with him, but I fell asleep pretty early. Even Linc threw in the towel before the second movie was up. *Side note - not sure what it was about Chili's but afterwards my hands were all swollen up and my legs were all restless - too much sodium perhaps?
Sunday morning Gemma was up as early as ever. She climbs into our bed and turns on cartoons. Calder slept in a little. Lincoln got up before me and made breakfast. Eggs, sausage, and cinnamon rolls. Then we lounged about. Very lazy indeed. We ended up making a Target run because that last storm turned our kiddie pool into a swamp.
Had a little pool time. Put the kids to bed early. Linc grilled the biggest steaks ever. I made roasted potatoes and asparagus and some jalapeno poppers. It was nice to eat dinner without Calder whining in his high chair and Gemma begging for bites.
Then Linc did the dishes (I helped, he doesn't utilize all the space in the dishwasher, probably on purpose). We made some chocolate chip cookies. Then watched Girls and Game of Thrones on HBOgo.
Lovely day indeed.
Couple of things -
This morning Lincoln grabbed a couple of cookies then headed back upstairs to get ready for work. Gemma, wide-eyed, said to me, "Dadda going to take a dump! With a Coo-Coo!"
Calder's feet have grown a size in like a week. He is now wearing 4 and since he is walking he needs some really flexible but sturdy shoes. Any tips? Plus he has feet shaped like blocks and scrunches his feet up to make it as difficult as possible to get shoes on. I use to get Gem wide shoes at Payless but the selection for boys is lacking. Target's was ridiculous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes you talked about me!
Post a Comment