Thursday, September 16, 2010

that time again...


9 months already. Seems like my last post was just about 8 months! Oh wait, it was! I’ve actually drafted 2 or 3 other posts in between while on lunch break at work, but then I am too lazy to clean them up and add the intended pictures. Because really, aren’t blogs just that extra something special with a picture? Perhaps I will backdate the posts and trick you all…

Back to the subject at hand. Miss Gemma turned 9 months on this past Saturday. In preparation of her big day, she sprouted her 1st two teeth. Finally! Smack dab in the center of her bottom gum. They are so tiny and precious, I don’t even mind when she tries to gnaw on my cheek or chin. Really, it’s just that precious. Besides, she won’t even try with Lincoln. Proof she loves me more. Ha, I kid. She’ll get a mouth full of prickly scruff and she no likey.

So 9 month stats –

23.5 lbs, 30.5 inches, over 95% for both height and weight still. Her sweet lil noggin has finally moved up in rank to 80% (I believe it was in the sixties at prior visits).

She now waves hi & bye. She attempts to give kisses. She still only says Dada, Lala (for Myla) and babababa for everything else. She just giggles and turns away when I insist on her saying Mama.

I was starting to think she had her 1st crush on David Boreanaz from Bones and Angel because she just loved watching those shows with me. But then Lincoln turned her on to The Office and she dances just the same to that intro as the other shows.
Did I mention she dances? Just the sweet baby booty shaking.
Oh, and she opened a door for the first time last night. We were impressed at first then terrified.

She is almost perfect at going to bed when I put her in her crib. She still cries out for me on occasion till her exhaustion gets the best of her and down she goes. I still stand outside the door and cry just a little.

And whoever said that leaving a sleeping baby with her daddy when you leave for work gets easier with time is a liar. I’ve been back at work for 6+ months and it isn’t even the slightest bit easier.

Back to stats – she is a great eater! Takes her bottles like a champ, scarfs down the cereal and jarred food, loves fresh fruit, toast, and chicken. And beans and rice from Casa Reynoso, like a good quarter bean should.

She can climb the stairs. I posted the video on Facebook. I think I will add my YouTube channel link to here.

Enough bragging.

She is just perfect. I am so grateful to have my sweet Gemmy. Even when she dumps her entire snack container at the dr’s office or has the worst poopy diaper known to mankind while we are at Lincoln’s “all night” UPS softball tournament and I forget her spare clothes and have to change her in a poorly lit un-occupied dugout…

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Heber opened a door for the first time today. It was at Brandi and McKays. Our doors are really hard to open, even grown adults have a hard time opening our front door. Even still I am amazed that she opened a door, she must be getting taller then I thought she would be.